By Wayne Cristaudo
Read or Download A Philosophical History of Love PDF
Best consciousness & thought books
Now to be had jointly as a collection for a reduced expense: Theories of Human Nature, with, Human Nature: A Reader, via Joel J. Kupperman.
Philosophy (especially philosophy of language and philosophy of mind), technological know-how (especially linguistics and cognitive science), and customary feel all occasionally make connection with propositions—understood because the issues we think and say, and the issues that are (primarily) actual or fake. there's, notwithstanding, no frequent contract approximately what varieties of issues those entities are.
This is often the 1st quantity of a projected three-volume set with reference to innateness. the level to which the brain is innate is likely one of the vital questions within the human sciences, with vital implications for lots of surrounding debates. via bringing jointly the pinnacle nativist students in philosophy, psychology, and allied disciplines those volumes offer a accomplished evaluation of nativist inspiration and a definitive reference aspect for destiny nativist inquiry.
In How We Get alongside, thinker David Velleman compares our social interactions to the interactions between improvisational actors on level. He argues that we play ourselves - now not artificially yet authentically, via doing what may make experience coming from us as we actually are. And, like improvisational actors, we take care of each other in twin capacities: either as characters in the social drama and as gamers contributing to the shared functionality.
- Break Your Self Help Addiction: The 5 Keys to Total Personal Freedom
- Inhuman Thoughts: Philosophical Explorations of Posthumanity
- On the Nature of Health: An Action-Theoretic Approach (Philosophy and Medicine)
- Life Energy Encyclopedia: Qi, Prana, Spirit, and Other Life Forces Around the World
- Diagnostic Dilemmas in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Philosophical Perspectives (International Perspectives in Philosophy & Psychiatry)
Additional resources for A Philosophical History of Love